(Click here to order on Amazon)
This interactive journal will inspire you to greatness with motivational quotes and short biographies of women who won a Nobel Prize in science (see list below). Plus you’ll have plenty of worksheets, including:
- Science writing prompts
- Blank sketch pages for a nature journal
- Lined journal pages for nature observations
- Quad graph pages
- Isometric grid pages
- Hex grid pages
- Dot grid pages
Each section includes detailed instructions on how to graph data, sketch organic molecules, record your nature observations, draft your inventions, and log your experiments – a complete Scientist’s Notebook!
Women scientist biographies included:
- Marie Curie (1867-1934) Nobel Prize in Physics 1903 and in Chemistry 1911
- Irène Joliot-Curie (1897 –1956) Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1935
- Gerty Theresa Cori (1896 –1957) Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1947
- Maria Goeppert Mayer (1906-1972) Nobel Prize in Physics 1963
- Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin (1910-1994) Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1964
- Rosalyn Sussman Yalow (1921- 2011) Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1977
- Ada E. Yonath (b. June 22, 1939) Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2009
Here’s an excerpt:
Be Persistent – Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin
Dorothy Hodgkin was determined – she had to be. She spent many years searching out the elusive structure of insulin, a molecule which is vital to health. Along the way, she developed a new method for studying complex molecules.
Yes, Dorothy won a Nobel Prize in Chemistry, but not for solving the problem she most cared about. It took another five years of work after winning the prize before she found the answer she’d long been searching for. You might even say, “She Persisted.”
(Click here to join the STEM-Inspirations mailing list.)
This workbook and journal makes a great gift for any young scientist or engineer, including girls, teens, and young adults. Appropriate for middle school, high school, community college, or university students. Perfect for homeschoolers, teachers, administrators, club leaders, and volunteers.
Now available for purchase on Amazon.com. Get your copy today!